Monday, May 26, 2008

Monkey in my Head

‘Poor things!’ My wife was talking about the monkeys

‘What?’ I asked, wanting to make sure I didn’t have a hearing problem

‘What would you do if a superior creature came in here, drove us away from our home and started living here?’ She asked.

I couldn’t believe, barely hours after the war was won, my dear wife reveals that she was with the opposition all along?

‘I am not having monkeys walking around in my home!’ I said, still very much in combat mode.

Later, when things cooled down and common sense made its way back into my head, I thought about it all. Why would the monkeys risk their lives and come into our homes? Turn the time Fifty years back, and I guess the forefathers of these very monkeys would have been living where I am now. It could have had its home in a big flowing tree right where our apartment stands now. I can see these monkeys happily swinging around the branches around me with their loved ones- some lying lazily on the branches below me, while another playing with her little one. In the cool shade, surrounded by the rumble of shimmering leaves all around, the monkey family is enjoying another beautiful day of their life. Suddenly, they all stop. All of them turn and look at me.

Who is the intruder here?

No comments: